The list below is a guide line for circumstances that qualify for an emergency repair tradesman to be called out,
In the event you do need an emergency repair please text 0400 872 232 with Property Address and Issue)
If you’re a tenant and you have an emergency issue please refer to our Emergency Contractors List Below
See below the emergency repair list as per the RTA,
Argo Plumbing: 1300 10 2746 / 0417 627 154
Platinum Electrical: 1300 606 380
Emergency Text Only: 0400 872 232 to Ray White Ferny Hills
The tenant should contact the property manager/owner or the nominated repairer (listed on the tenancy agreement) about the problem. It is a good idea to put the request in writing as evidence of notification.
If they cannot be contacted, the tenant can arrange for a qualified person to carry out emergency repairs to a maximum value of 2 weeks rent.
Emergency repairs are:
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken toilet
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm, fire or impact damage
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the property for hot water, cooking or heating
- a fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or insecure
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a tenant
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of the property that unduly inconveniences a tenant in gaining access to, or using, the property.
All other repairs are considered routine repairs.
Paying for emergency repairs
If the tenant pays the repairer they need to give all receipts to the property manager/owner who must pay them back within 7 days.
Alternatively, the tenant may ask the property manager/owner to pay the repairer directly.